Sunday, December 29, 2013

Loving Donnybrook

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  We are finally moved down to Donnybrook, it was a massive job for John and I we travelled 1800 kilometres and 22 hours over 5 days starting on the 16th December.  The reason we travelled back and forth each day, accommodation was expensive and it cost us only $50 a day in diesel whereas accommodation was $200 a night.  To say we where exhausted by the end of the week would be an understatement, but it is done now and we are moving on.  Took a few days to sort out our furniture to make this lovely old house into our home for the next six months or so, we have two rooms with boxed stuff that we are not unpacking and still have a bed to assemble, but that can wait until we have visitors coming to stay.  It is a mystery tour finding things but we are getting there, however in saying that I haven't even thought about starting any projects or art.  We spent Christmas day at Kirsty's in Collie which is 50 kilometres from Donnybrook, went home again for a couple of days then back to Collie to housesit and dog sit for two weeks.  Have had time to check out the library where I can use their internet for free, but of course I have to be organised and have everything I need when I go there.  I can update my blogs while John sits and reads the paper all for free, and in air-conditioned room.  Checked out the gym, the nursery and two markets, still can't seem to slow down.  If you are interested in seeing more photos of the house go to my photography blog here http://jackysphotographs.blogspot.com.au/ and more photo's on my Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jacky.mcfarlane I wish you all a happy New Year and may it be memorable in a good way.
love
Jacky

No comments: