Thursday, June 11, 2009

Setting up my etsy shop



Well I am having another go at this Etsy shop thingy, tried it once before but I didn't know how to change it, think I have a handle on it now, or I should say Joanne does. I am doing up kits for making romantic journal pages using silk, vintage laces, buttons, ribbons and all those sort of things. Above is a photo of the cover I created last year in memory of my mother, I taught this class to the wonderful girls who come to our classes (I don't know what we would have done without the support of these lovely girls, most have been coming to classes since we opened the shop, any of you girls reading this, we do appreciate you). Photo above is the cover of the journal. I will add photo's of the pages from time to time. Below my first 2 items in my Etsy shop.
This box I have covered and would look nice with a small journal made from the items inside.Photo above of all the items inside the cigar box, all colour co-ordinated.

Items inside the uncovered cigar box. This would look lovely covered in fabrics, buttons etc.This is one of the pages from the above journal for my mother, do you get the idea, I will post some of the other pages, and think I will cover one of the cigar boxes in fabrics and perhaps put a couple of smaller pages inside mmmh, when I get time. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Bye for now

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to etsy Jacky, your pages look lovely. Phillipa.

Cindy Shea said...

These kits are just amazing and are exactly what I have been looking for! I hate to have to buy each item idividually and have so much leftovers from just one project so your kits are the perfect solution! I'm not sure if you will see this comment here but I would love to do a write up on your blog and Etsy shop for my site. I try to feature a different artist and Etsy shop every other month that promotes their shop, photos, links and the whole nine...if you are interested please email me at cserafin123@roadrunner.com and we can set it all up! :)

Kirsty said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
and YAY!!! then you can teach me how to etsy (when I think I'm ready!!) I'll do ya a swap digi class for etsy training LOL!!!

Angela Harris said...

WOW!! Your work is beautiful!! You should send one of these kits into Stampington. They have a call for artwork for exactly this!!
I have to go see your etsy shop. Did you just stop by YourAngil.Blogspot.com? I'm wondering if it was you who inquired about the Antique Pink Flowering Strand of Lights?
My E-mail is YourAngil@Hotmail.com
Thanks!
Angela Harris

Ava Venson said...

These kits are stunning! You have to know what you really want to make handling your Etsy shop easier. And yes, you can attend business trainings and seminars. Those can motivate you even more to run your own business.