Thursday, May 15, 2014

Oh no, its May

Sorry for a lack of uploads on my blog.  Things have been kind of crazy.  Foremost John's health.
16 days ago John was admitted for major surgery, the removal of his large bowel.  This was a worrisome time for me seeing him in so much pain and trying to understand what it means to lose one of your organs.  It has been a learning process, not only on his progress but other patients in his ward.  It has brought home to me how important it is to look after our health.  For the last 6 months we have been on a Palleo diet and I think this has helped in his recovery, it has also been apparent to me as I haven't been as diligent as I should while in Perth (chocolates, ice-cream and cake my demons) and I have been battling massive allergy's resulting in asthma, back on track now though.  I cannot wait to get back to my new home in the valley.  Should be any day soon, I know John will welcome his own bed and the peace and quiet with open arms, this should speed up his recovery.
Secondary the building of our new home.  We have had a change of direction and a wake up call on reality, dreams are all very well, but I always maintain a house is only a building, a home is what you make it.  We have decided not to go with Storybook homes, the wait was too long to get the plans and in that time with Johns health issues we decided that we possibly where a bit naive in our abilities at our age to to do the owner builder thing.  So we have put it in the hands of a lovely local builder, he has been so very helpful in making the process as stress free as possible with fitting in with our budget.
Thirdly, me being me, I am joining two very talented artists Robin Inkpen who creates amazing handmade rugs and wall art, and Claire Maslin with her beautiful mosaic art, in a two week exhibition at Artgeo in Busselton, you will find us in the Courthouse Gallery  from 28th May to 11 June.  Following up with a workshop in the Fodder room behind the gallery 28th June.  I am exhibiting my mixed media soft assemblage art books of memories.  I guess there is nothing like pressure to get things done and I am definitely under the hammer to get more pieces done in time, and I can assure you it is a challenge with most of your materials still in packing boxes, but if its meant to be I will get it done.
John on right with his best friend from Gisborne.  Upwards on onwards now John.  Enjoy the journey.

No comments: