Thursday, August 12, 2010

new vehicle



this little beauty is what has been keeping me busy for the last couple of weeks. to travel out to regional Australia to teach workshops I needed another vehicle, my little Subaru Sherpa that I have had since 1986 can no longer cope with long trips. the sherpa has been a wonderful little car, it only cost me $20 every two weeks for petrol and had the most amazing spacious back to put stock in. my family nicknamed it the shopping basket on wheels. had a brief life as a getaway car by my son, it put up with a lot too. when it was overheating once thinking I was doing the right thing I put water in the engine!!!! yup I did, when I started it up the radiator cap blew off with dirty water everywhere, fortunately it was outside my workplace and there was a car repair shop down the back, they pushed it down then it took a couple of days for all the water to be drained out. the young boys where I worked lifted my whole car and moved it for a prank. I loved my little car, had no trouble keeping up with the traffic and I will be really sad to see it go. does anyone else get so attached to a car. it was so reliable and never let me down.
said new vehicle in the background, a volkeswagen caddi life, seats 7 but the back seats lift out easily to use as a van. automatic, I have resisted automatic cars for ever, I like driving and my opinion is that you don't drive an automatic you just steer it, makes you lazy, so I guess I will become lazy, hope I don't lose concentration when travelling in the country. but it is a joy to drive and using diesel should be economical, its turbo mmmmh that could be dangerous. the plan is that when John stops working in 3 years he will sell his car and just use the van, or could keep the sherpa and he could use that haha I suggested that, didn't go down well, why are males so concerned about the vehicle they drive, I would be happy driving a truck or a jeep long as it got me where I was going.

oh well grumpy old woman to you......

GREAT GRANDSON

update on our only great grandson, such a boy, look at that dirty little face building up immunity. walking around the sofa's, not able to walk on his own yet but not far off. so much fun, Jo, Samara and I went around to have lunch and spend time with Jessica and the little boy.


No comments: