Monday, November 8, 2010

Art of John Davis





The use of sticks, a fabric stuffed and painted in asphalt, stitched, what imagination. John Davis died in the 1990's, what a loss to us.....
I was blown away with the distinctive formalist style of Australian Artist John Davis, his use of organic materials, his sensitivity to elemental forces and his connection to the ecological landscape an artist before his time. enjoy....
This wonderful exhibition was on at the Ian Potter Centre in Federation Square, was so worth the visit. I forgo the Tim Burton exhibition to see this, wonderful.
I am multi tasking at the moment, I am making Teesha Moore style journals, and painting the covers only, leaving the rest for the customer to finish with visual samples on cover. So while waiting for the paint to dry I am doing my blog. smart aye.......






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what are the names of the works, when were they created?