Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Battle for the figs

I am unable to add text to my blog other than as a caption to a photo.  In the garden I have been fascinated with these little birds, silver eyes, devouring the figs on the tree.  The tree is alive with them and they are not bothered by my sitting nearby taking photo's.



They scrap over who has the best figs.  I have to be quick to pick some myself.  We have had them with our meals and there are plenty for the birds and me.


I didn't realise that this one I zoomed in on was a baby silvereye in the camelia tree.


2 comments:

SHADES OF GRAY said...

Very cute. You have been able to get real close in which is good. Lucky to have figs. We have them at our house so will look forward to having them again when Aaron moves in.

SHADES OF GRAY said...

Very cute. You have been able to get real close in which is good. Lucky to have figs. We have them at our house so will look forward to having them again when Aaron moves in.