Friday, September 5, 2008

Art Journal Workshop

Last weekend I held a 2 day workshop at Artistic Journey, creating an art journal attended by 3 lovely girls. We had a problem receiving one of our Golden colours that I had intended to use in the workshop I turned it into a positive and had each of the girls choose 2 different colours each. I enjoyed teaching them how to create a whole art journal using the 2 colours of their choice plus white, making many different colour ways. This was as big a challenge for me as it was for them, but what fun that was.

Tamara's colours of choice where Primary Yellow and Alizarin Crimson Hue, now let me tell you this cover is the only place you see these colours full strength, she did warn me that she liked white. I would see her having these lovely colour ways happening then I would turn away to someone else and they had virtually disappeared under a sea of white with just a hint of colour peeping through. But Tamara was happy and it was her journal, you have to own what you do.

Tanya's choice of colours where Quinacridone Burnt Orange and Azurite Hue. Who would have thought that these two colours plus white would create these lovely moody colours that reminded Tanya of the lovely sunsets in Port Hedland, she had so much fun, a bit hesitant at first at what colours she was going to get with her choice, but some very interesting pages evolved.

Peta Jane's colours of choice where Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold and Anthraquinone Blue to create lovely colours of the bush, I think it was the South African bush of her homeland. See the little bird on the cover this is a beautiful bird to be found there. Usually I would have advised Paynes Gray with Q Nickel Azo Gold but as we where thinking outside the box, Anth. Blue was a very good choice gave a much richer green. Peta Jane I hope these two days where helpful in relieving the stress I am guessing that you are going through, my best wishes to your son and a speedy recovery.

No comments: