Wednesday, September 26, 2007

winged visitor

After our regular walk to the park (alex and I) this morning, I arrived home to find a winged visitor waiting by my back door. Now I know my dear friend Nina had a wonderful blue butterfly visit with her the other day and i was so envious,so as you can imagine I was delighted to find a most beautiful dragonfly sitting on some screwed up clear plastic.


On touching him gently he didn't move, aw no, he/she is dead. But on putting my finger carefully in front of him/her he climbed on. I walked around my back yard looking for the best
background to photograph him/her best and try to capture the beautiful transparent wings with touches of purest old gold colour.
I finally gently put him/her on a branch whereby it flitted off into the sky, I guess a rest is what it needed.

3 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

What a beautiful creature and thanks for the glimpse of your lovely garden
Ro
xo

Judy said...

Aamzing wings there Jacky - thanks for sharing!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

beautiful winged creature...glad judy sent me here...welcome to blogland...blessings, rebecca